The Wayside
Guests please register with our forum to comment. Join our community and meet new friends. Engage in interesting discussions, and share your thoughts and opinions.
The Wayside
Guests please register with our forum to comment. Join our community and meet new friends. Engage in interesting discussions, and share your thoughts and opinions.
The Wayside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A diversified group of individuals gathered to share information, stories, pictures, and more.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inMoles gameWord ScramblePayment button

Wicca and Pagain creation stories: How was the world created?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sessy
Admin
Admin
Sessy

Popularity : 15

Wicca and Pagain creation stories: How was the world created? Empty
PostSubject: Wicca and Pagain creation stories: How was the world created?   Wicca and Pagain creation stories: How was the world created? EmptySat Nov 03, 2018 11:26 pm

In my readings based on many different religions, pagan and Christian alike, it seems like each have their own general ideas about how the earth was created. Christians say God created the world in seven days, Celtics believe giants created the world. Norse mythology states that ice giants formed the world and that Odin, the King of Norse Gods was born of an Ice giant. Though many differences can be seen in each creation story there are also a lot of similarities. Based on what I've read, learned, and come to believe, I have kind of developed my own idea about how the world was created. A lot of my beliefs are more wiccan/celtic themed with some other elements thrown in that I think fit with the whole idea of how the world was created.

Again, this is my own theory so if you don't agree with it that's perfectly fine. We all have to find our own paths and a path that we are comfortable with. This is the path that I feel makes the most sense to me. Do what you want with it, leave it or take it, use parts of it if you wish. It's entirely up to you.

Before I proceed I want to quote something from a book I once read that really spoke to me. The book was a work of fiction but this one particular quote made sense to me and I feel that it really does kind of sum up my feelings on Gods and religion.

Quote :

Quote :
“First and foremost, there is one God, and his name does not matter. Yahweh, Ahuramazda, Zeus, Aten, it does not matter at all. How he is worshiped, how he is served, by what ritual, it doesn't matter at all. There is one purpose to life and one only: to bear witness to and understand as much as possible of the complexity of the world-its beauty, its mysteries, its riddles. The more you understand, the more you look, the greater is your enjoyment of life and your sense of peace. Enjoy your life, fill your belly with wine and food, and accept death. The Gods kept immortality for themselves, death is the lot of man."

―  Anne Rice,   Servant of the Bones

The above quote is why (I think) there are so many similarities within different religions. There is one God and only one God. Now imagine that the story of that one God is shared with every living person in the entire world. Think about their culture, where they live, the hardships they have had to endure, the enemies they have fought, the conditions that they live in, and what they have had to do to survive. Each of these cultures, these groups of people, have had to evolve over time in order to stay alive. The idea of God and religion has evolved with them. It's like a story passed on from generation to generation. Some aspects are lost in translation, new aspects are added in order for the story to make sense to the next generation. But no matter what the story, where it came from, or how it evolved, each of them came from a singular source. One man, one being, one entity, standing in a vast nothingness that one day said to him or herself, "I am alone, I do not wish to be alone", and thus humanity was born.

Now, in holding with the beliefs of Wicca, who worship nature, I believe that God came into existence and was alone in the universe. There were no other planets or living creatures, just this one entity burning in the sky and his radiance and beauty was something great to behold yet there was no one there to appreciate it. One day he decided to make himself a companion and so he created the Goddess who is represented by the moon. She doesn't burn quite as fiercely as does the God, but her celestial beauty was so great that it filled the sky and nearly over shadowed the great God. The God and the Goddess loved each other very much but each was so brilliant and so radiant, so blinding, that it was nearly impossible for them to occupy the sky at the same time for very long. Because of this they decided that the God should occupy the sky during the morning and the Goddess would occupy the sky at night. They would meet at dusk, when the moon left the sky to sleep and the Sun rose to start a new day and in this time of twilight they made love. 

From their love sprang forth the earth and all manner of creatures upon the earth. This of course means all the animals and man (humans) but within this creation also came the ones who walk in daylight and the ones who walk in night and that is something that I can get into in another post, but of course creatures like vampires, witches, lycans, and the unseelie court (dark fae) would be the children of night. 

So, this is the basis of my belief on how the world was created. There is a lot more if you want to delve deeper into the lore. Everything in Nature can be explained with this basic idea. From the seasons, the changes in weather, life and death. An example would be eclipses. I would hope that we all know what an eclipse is. From a religious stand point, an eclipse is when the God and Goddess share the sky for a period. It only happens a few times a year (imagine only being able to see your lover a few times a year).  As we all know eclipses are dangerous to look at with the naked eye, you could go blind. This is because humanity was not meant to see the true brilliance of these two deities in the midst of their passion, so next time there is an eclipse, look away you pervs lol. Below is some information about eclipses and how often they occur.

Quote :
What happens more often, solar or lunar eclipses?
Solar eclipses are fairly numerous, about 2 to 4 per year, but the area on the ground covered by totality is only about 50 miles wide. In any given location on Earth, a total eclipse happens only once every hundred years or so, though for selected locations they can occur as little as a few years apart. An example is the August 21, 2017 and April 8, 2024 eclipses, which will be viewed at the same spot near Carbondale, Illinois. Eclipses of the Moon by the Earth's shadow are actually less numerous than solar eclipses; however, each lunar eclipse is visible from over half the Earth. At any given location, you can have up to three lunar eclipses per year, but some years there may be none. In any one calendar year, the maximum number of eclipses is four solar and three lunar. 

I don't want to drag this post out to long so I'll end it here but as I've said there is a lot more to the story than the small bit I have shared. I can make more posts later if anyone is interested.
If you have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments below and I can make posts in response to those questions, otherwise I'll just rattle off what I feel like sharing at my convenience lol.

Thanks for reading, and Blessed be.

Back to top Go down
daydreamer1
Assistant Mod
Assistant Mod
daydreamer1

Popularity : 33

Wicca and Pagain creation stories: How was the world created? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wicca and Pagain creation stories: How was the world created?   Wicca and Pagain creation stories: How was the world created? EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 5:39 pm

thats is really pretty, i have to re read this again , but thank you for the share , really nice
Back to top Go down

Wicca and Pagain creation stories: How was the world created?
Page 1 of 1