The Wayside
Guests please register with our forum to comment. Join our community and meet new friends. Engage in interesting discussions, and share your thoughts and opinions.
The Wayside
Guests please register with our forum to comment. Join our community and meet new friends. Engage in interesting discussions, and share your thoughts and opinions.
The Wayside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A diversified group of individuals gathered to share information, stories, pictures, and more.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inMoles gameWord ScramblePayment button

The day my world fell apart

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Icey_munchkin_lady
Icey_munchkin_lady

Popularity : 0

The day my world fell apart Empty
PostSubject: The day my world fell apart   The day my world fell apart EmptyMon May 27, 2019 6:57 pm

April 23rd

Dad picked us up out side the Butlins camp site at 12 pm, my Nan and the 4 dogs had come along for the ride. After dad had loaded our things into the car he went with mum to the reception to check out. i don't really remember what i was doing at this point as i don't remember somethings from this day.......you will come see why later.

When mum and dad got back, we all got into the car and set off on the journey home. My cousin started fussing and being a pain, so dad suggested we stop at the next town to get something to eat and me and my cousin could also swap seats in the car so that mum could keep a better eye on him and stop him fussing. We parked up in the next town which i remember being a sea side town and had fish and chips for lunch, it was also a chance for dad to stretch his legs, as he had done a lot of driving already having to drive from Leicester to pick us up. After lunch we all got back in to the car to carry on our journey home, a few minute's down the road i fell asleep..........And that's when everything in my life changed.......

I suddenly felt a spinning sensation that lasted a few seconds and then stopped....then i felt pain, but i didn't know where it was coming from or why....the next thing i remember is opening my eyes slightly, trying to open the car door and not being able to...feeling pain again, i then saw something bright yellow at the window..then i fell asleep again. I woke up, there was an old lady holding and stroking my hand telling me everything was going to be OK.........what was going to be OK?......where was i?.....who was this kind lady with the warm voice?....i didn't know the answers to any of these questions, very confused i drifted back off to sleep. It got very bumpy and noisy, i could here something that seemed in the distance it sounded like a helicopter but i wasn't sure. Then i heard a man, he was talking to me, asking me questions, like did i know what had happened, where i was going?. So i answered him......i was on holiday with my mum and we were getting the coach home. like a light being turned off it was dark again.

The next thing i know i'm laying down somewhere bright that seems very busy and smells like cleaning chemical and i can here people talking, i can feel someone moving my bra strap. So i look to where this person is....and they are trying to cut it...i start shouting at them to get get off and trying to smack their had away to try and make them stop...but they don't, they keep cutting at my clothes, telling me everything is going to be OK....confused and scared, i call out for my mum over and over....nothing, she doesn't reply...everything disappears again.

April 24th

When i woke up, i found myself in bed in what looked like a small room in a hospital. my clothes were gone and had been replaced with a hospital gown, i was very confused and didn't understand where i was, what had happened or what was going on. Then someone said my nickname"Kylie", i looked to the side to find my Uncle Ken and Aunt Angela sitting next to my bed. They both looked tired, but there was something else about my Aunt Angela, she had been crying and seemed to be trying not to start again. My uncle Ken started to talk, he told me that i was in hospital in Bangor Wales, i had been in a car accident...i was going to OK.....(i started to think, where was mum)....dad was dead!...(what about mum?)....Nan was dead!....( what about mum?)....their son, my 3 year old cousin was dead!...(what about mum?)....all 4 dogs were dead too....The whole time he was telling me this all i could think was what about my mum? was she dead too? finally he answered the questions that were in my head....."your mum is alive", but she is very ill and is upstairs in the intensive care unit....but don't worry she is being looked after and so are you. As soon as he had told me my mum was still alive, my body relaxed and i suddenly felt really tired. Just before i fell back to sleep again, someone asked me who i wanted to stay with when i was able to go home. There was only one person i wanted so i told them, my Aunt Sharon, i want my Aunt Sharon...(my aunt Sharon was my dad's sister, i had always been close to her growing up, she was like a second mum to me someone i could talk to, as a family we had always said if anything ever happened i would go and stay with her......we just never thought it would). After they told me they would contact my Aunt Sharon, the tiredness really hit me and i drifted off back to sleep.

I opened my eyes just as my Aunt Sharon walked into the room with my Uncle Paul and my Cousin Terena following behind her, she smiled at me and said "you don't have to go to these lengths to get me to come and see you", we both laughed even though there was nothing funny about had brought her to see me here in hospital and hugged each other. After a few minutes Sharon asked me if i had been told what had happened, i told her that i remembered my Uncle Ken told me that Dad, Nan and Joe were dead and that Mum was up in intensive care but i didn't know why or what happened. So she took my had and explained that on our journey home we had been in a car accident, that our car had a head on collision with a lorry, because my Dad's car had for some reason ended up on the other side of the road, but they didn't know how or why. she also explained that what my Uncle Ken had said was true. Sharon and Paul had go to see my Mum in intensive care before coming to my room, she was still unconscious, and she had broken both her arms and both her legs, she also had internal injuries were bad but the doctors were doing everything they could for her. For the rest of the day we chatted about things that Sharon, Paul and Terena had been doing, basically anything that was normal to keep our minds off the hurt and sadness we were all feeling. whilst the nurses and doctors came in and out to check on me and to keep us updated on what going to be happening over the next few days.
Back to top Go down

The day my world fell apart
Page 1 of 1