The Wayside
Guests please register with our forum to comment. Join our community and meet new friends. Engage in interesting discussions, and share your thoughts and opinions.
The Wayside
Guests please register with our forum to comment. Join our community and meet new friends. Engage in interesting discussions, and share your thoughts and opinions.
The Wayside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A diversified group of individuals gathered to share information, stories, pictures, and more.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inMoles gameWord ScramblePayment button

Legal case senario-Your the judge

Go down 
3 posters

What's your verdict?
Plaintiff- Sarah- Jesse is also responsible and should have to pay child support/take responsibility.
Legal case senario-Your the judge Vote_lcap100%Legal case senario-Your the judge Vote_rcap
 100% [ 2 ]
Defendant- Jesse- He was tricked and should not be held accountable.
Legal case senario-Your the judge Vote_lcap0%Legal case senario-Your the judge Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Undecided.
Legal case senario-Your the judge Vote_lcap0%Legal case senario-Your the judge Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
Sessy
Admin
Admin
Sessy

Popularity : 15

Legal case senario-Your the judge Empty
PostSubject: Legal case senario-Your the judge   Legal case senario-Your the judge EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 3:59 pm

Okay, the idea for this came from a lifetime movie I saw last night called the pregnancy pact. 

One of the main characters is a 15 year old girl who made a pact with her friends to get pregnant while still in school so they could all have babies together. It caused a media outrage and the pact was revealed to the girls families and boyfriends and the one girls bf decided to break up with her because she lied and stated that he didn't want a baby and certainly didn't want one with a liar. At the end of the movie it shows the girl giving birth and raising her baby alone with her family, the movie implying that the bf no longer has any contact with the mother of his baby.

So I started thinking because the movie left the ending a bit ambiguous, is the bf paying any child support? Should he even be responsible to pay child support or even be in his child's life or is he exempt from all responsibility because he was lied to from the beginning? Imagine that these questions were brought before you as a judge and you have to make the final decision. Vote in the poll who you think the verdict in this case goes to, and comment below what your thoughts and feelings are about the case.

Here are the facts of the case:

Plaintiff: Sarah. 15 year old female and girl who made the pact with her friends to get pregnant.

Defendant: Jesse. 17 year old boy and father of Sarah's baby.

-Sarah made a verbal pact with 3 of her friends that they would all get pregnant together. They kept this pact secret from their families and boys they slept with until it came out in news report and caused an outrage in the community. Sarah comes from a good family, two working parents, catholic and her mother is president of some organization for parents who are for educating their children about abstinence as a form of birth control and against handing out contraceptives in the school as they believe this is enabling their children to have sex.

-Jesse comes from a good family, father is a lawyer, they have money and attend the same church as Sarah's family. Jesse hates living in his home town and desperately wants to go to college in California so he can get away from his small town roots. He is very much in love with Sarah, even states that he wants to marry her (this is before she gets pregnant). Sarah remarks that she wishes she were sixteen so that she could get married right away (apparently 16 is legal in her state). Jesse says that he was thinking more like they would get married after college.

-Neither Sarah nor Jesse ever used any form of birth control when they had sex. Jesse made the comment to Sarah that he felt he had ruined both their lives by getting her pregnant. He says that he should have pulled out each time or tried harder to get condoms. There is no indication that Sarah was ever on birth control or that she lied to Jesse about being on birth control. Her parents both believed that she was abstaining from sex and still a virgin.

-Did Sarah force, trick, or coheres Jesse into having sex at any time? No. Jesse was a willing participant and as stated above, he made no effort to get birth control or take precautions while having sex.

-Did Sarah lie to Jesse about wanting to become pregnant and making a pact with her friends? Yes, after the fact. She never told Jesse that she wanted to get pregnant and he never asked. They didn't really discuss it at all. After she was pregnant and he asked her if it was true that she and her friends made the pact she lied and told him no it was not true.

-Did Sarah trick Jesse into getting her pregnant? This is a grey area. I would say no. She was 15 and I don't believe from the facts of the film that she did anything to ensure she would get pregnant. No fertility drugs, no counting her conception days. She simply had sex with Jesse numerous times until achieving a positive result.

-Did Sarah know that Jesse was against having a baby at such a young age? again grey area. Sarah seemed shocked and confused at Jesse's negative reaction to the news. she said that she thought he would be happy about it. On the other hand she was aware of his desire to to go to college in California and leave his small town behind.

-Did Sarah ever make it known that she wanted to be a mother? Not in the beginning. Both Jesse and Sarah's parents assumed that Sarah would go to college. Jesse wanted her to apply to the college he was going to attend so that they could be together. Sarah made a heart felt confession at the end of the film that all she cared about was being a wife and a mother. College didn't interest her but no one ever asked her what she wanted and that everyone just assumed she would graduate and go to college because its what they wanted her to do. Sarah felt that everyone made her choices for her.

-The main questions here are, did a 15 year old girls thoughts and desires to have a baby, and a pact made with 3 other young girls, ensure that she would get pregnant? Was Sarah the only one to blame in this? Who was responsible to get condoms or other forms of birth control? Was Jesse a willing participant in the conception of the baby and should he have to take any responsibility for it at all?

Vote on the poll with your verdict, add comment below.

Last edited by Sessy on Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lily Thunder
Lily Thunder

Popularity : 17

PostSubject: Re: Legal case senario-Your the judge   Legal case senario-Your the judge EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 4:17 pm

I remember this movie. That's one of the main problems/issues in American culture now-a-days.....having to be part of a senseless clyche.......getting pregnant/having sex, doing drugs/alcohol, listen to certain music or watch certain t.v. programs, being the prettiest.....The movie "The Mean Girls" and a few other movies had the same theme. I get ridiculed for being different, listening to my own music, having my own style, did my own thing.....looking back on it now, in my own life, i was strong back then, stronger than I thought! People from my graduating class seeing me years later told me i was the strong one in high school cuz i DIDN'T follow the losers.....I followed my heart and my own strength! What a great learning experience!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Lily Thunder
Lily Thunder

Popularity : 17

PostSubject: Re: Legal case senario-Your the judge   Legal case senario-Your the judge EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 4:27 pm

I feel BOTH individuals should be responsible........the girl, for "spreading her legs", and the boy, for "thinking with his 'gender'" Both should be accountable the their actions
Back to top Go down
daydreamer1
Assistant Mod
Assistant Mod
daydreamer1

Popularity : 33

PostSubject: Re: Legal case senario-Your the judge   Legal case senario-Your the judge EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 1:06 am

2 people are responsible in order to have a child, 2 people should be responsible for the child reguardless of how she may have schemed , maybe she really did like the guy i mean there had to be physical attraction
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legal case senario-Your the judge   Legal case senario-Your the judge Empty

Back to top Go down

Legal case senario-Your the judge
Page 1 of 1