The Wayside
Guests please register with our forum to comment. Join our community and meet new friends. Engage in interesting discussions, and share your thoughts and opinions.

A diversified group of individuals gathered to share information, stories, pictures, and more.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inMoles gameWord Scramble

Share | 

Accused of being a kid

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sessy
Admin
Admin

Popularity : 11

PostSubject: Accused of being a kid   Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:32 pm

So, I went to the grocery store this morning to get lunch for my kids. While Raven was taking his sweet time looking through TV dinners for ones the kids would actually eat, I decided to rest my aching back some. So, I propped one foot up on the rack on the bottom of the cart and then proceeded to lean over the little seat part. I hadn't been in that position more then 2 minutes when a younger middle aged manager with blondish colored hair and a goat-tee came up to me.

"Son." The manager said as he approached me. "Those carts arn't built to take rough housing like that, please don't play around with them."

I looked up at him, a little shocked. "Excuse me?"

"You can't be standing on that bottom rack." He explained. "Those are brand new carts that we've had to replace after being broken by kids like you messing around with them. Please don't stand on the carts."

"Um..I wasn't standing on it." I told him. I was getting a bit annoyed but I was still trying to be pleasant and not get belligerent with the guy.

"Young man..."He said, now sounding a bit irritated with me. "I saw you myself standing on that bottom rack, don't argue with me."

Now he was starting to get rude and it bugged me. I looked at the guy and with a very stern looked asked him, "How old are you?"

"What does that have to do with anything?" He asked, showing his annoyance with me.

"Because..." I explained, " You keep calling me son, and young man, and treating me like a kid so I want to know how old YOU are."

He put his hands on his hips and glared at me. "I'm 35!" He snapped, " How old are you?!"

I grinned at him. "41." I said flatly.

I could see the look on his face go from anger to embarrassment quickly.

"I ain't your son." I said coldly, "And I'm not a kid. I have a bad back and I was leaning over the cart because my back hurt. If I say that I wasn't standing on the rack then I most certainly was NOT standing on it."

"I'm very sorry sir." He stuttered a bit. "I just see a lot of kids messing around and these are new carts..."

"Yeah you've already said that." I rolled my eyes. "I'm not a kid and I wasn't messing around. Maybe if you had benches in this store I wouldn't have to lean over the cart. Us old people can't stand on our feet too long."

He laughed, apologized again and walked away. I found it quite amusing that he thought I was a young kid only to find out I was six years older than he was. That totally made my day.

Assistant Mod

Popularity : 28

PostSubject: Re: Accused of being a kid   Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:39 pm

lol , thats cool, glad it didnt get worse for you , i mean people can be real jerks and he could have kicked you out
Back to top Go down
HottyJR

Popularity : 4

PostSubject: Re: Accused of being a kid   Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:17 pm

Maybe if you start dressing and acting like an adult this wouldn't happen lol! nana
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accused of being a kid   

Back to top Go down

Accused of being a kid
Page 1 of 1