The Wayside
Guests please register with our forum to comment. Join our community and meet new friends. Engage in interesting discussions, and share your thoughts and opinions.

A diversified group of individuals gathered to share information, stories, pictures, and more.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inMoles gameWord ScramblePayment button

Share | 

The Conjuring (2013)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sessy
Admin
Admin

Popularity : 14

PostSubject: The Conjuring (2013)   Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:36 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
This is a slightly older title but one of my favorites, especially if you're looking for a chilling Supernatural thriller. Detailing one of the cases of real life paranormal investigators, Ed and Lorain Warren, The Conjuring brings us ghosts, witches, chills, and a few well placed jump scares.  It's not really gory and definitely has a good plot, not just half naked girls running through the woods screaming like a lot of your 70's and 80's slasher flicks. Being based off of a true story gives it kind of an appeal that a lot of other horror films don't necessarily have.

For one, you can really identify with the family.  Young couple, five daughters, trying to make a new life for themselves in a new house only to be plagued with spirits from the past. Like in most stories involving the Warrens, there is a lot of theology, an exorcism, and of course the power of love which always seems to chase away the baddies better than Holy water and religious chants. Seeing the family come together to battle the unspeakable evil that has crashed into their otherwise happy lives, and the love between the husband and wife, really left a warm feeling in my heart.  

There are a few ghostly sightings, but nothing over the top or ridiculous. Most of what goes on is invisible touches, a young girl being dragged across the room, voices, noises, and doors opening and closing on their own. I would have to say that this is one of the scarier ghost stories that I have seen and it really does keep you on the edge of your seat throughout.  Another nice touch is that this movie gives you more of an in debt look into the lives of the Warrens as well, which the other movies related to them rarely do, they are just more or less side line characters and arn't really explored all that well but The conjuring really lets us get to know the Warrens, understand what they do, and by the end of the movie really fall in love with them as well as the Peron family.

I would recommend this movie for anyone that wants a good old fashioned scare in the style of Poltergeist and Amityville.  Also look for the Entity and the Haunted. Those are two more cases involving the Warrens.  Great movie for Halloween, good scares without the gore or mindless killing, in fact there are no deaths in this movie. Like the classics, this film is able to give you a good fright without being gross or blasting you with fake looking monsters. It's on my list as one of the best.

Last edited by Sessy on Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
daydreamer1
Assistant Mod
Assistant Mod

Popularity : 28

PostSubject: Re: The Conjuring (2013)   Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:40 pm

thats cool, i have this film on hold, only because i dont want to get too scared lol, call me a big baby but for real, its based on a true story! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Disa

Popularity : 10

PostSubject: Re: The Conjuring (2013)   Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:37 pm

I like the Conjuring 2 better than the first one. I think since it's set in England and I like the scenery:) Also, I heard there's a new Conjuring 3 coming out. I can't wait!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://disawylde.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Conjuring (2013)   

Back to top Go down

The Conjuring (2013)
Page 1 of 1