The Wayside
Guests please register with our forum to comment. Join our community and meet new friends. Engage in interesting discussions, and share your thoughts and opinions.
The Wayside
Guests please register with our forum to comment. Join our community and meet new friends. Engage in interesting discussions, and share your thoughts and opinions.
The Wayside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A diversified group of individuals gathered to share information, stories, pictures, and more.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inMoles gameWord ScramblePayment button

Time to say goodbye

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Icey_munchkin_lady
Icey_munchkin_lady

Popularity : 0

Time to say goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Time to say goodbye   Time to say goodbye EmptyMon May 27, 2019 7:05 pm

The time came to go back to Wales to visit my Mum in hospital for the first time since the crash happened, again i was scared of the car journey but also because i didn't really know what my mum was going to look like. Aunt Sharon had warned me she may not look the same as she did the last time i saw her. When we got to the hospital i was taken in to the side room that mum was in by her nurse, Sharon was right behind me.

The first thing i noticed were all the tubes, wires and the machines beside her bed that were beeping and another making a whooshing kind of noise that was connected to Mum, there she was as Sharon had said not looking like she did when i last saw her. Her whole body was swollen and bruised, both her harms and legs were in plaster. The nurse told me that because of her injuries she couldn't talk and that she may not respond to anything i say to her but she could hear me, the nurse and Aunt Sharon then left the room so that i could be alone with my Mum.

For a few minutes i just stood there looking at her, taking in everything that i knew had happened and why she was laying there and everything the nurse had just said to me. I held her hand and said the first thing that came into my mind...."Hey mum, it's me Kylie..i love you mum, then she did something i didn't expect her to do, she looked across at me, squeezed my hand gently, i told her that i missed her ...we both cried.

I stroked her hand as i told her about all the things i'd been doing and about how school was going. Then Aunt Sharon came back into the room again and she told mum that i was living with her and Uncle Paul and how well i had been doing, she wanted to make sure mum new that i was safe. Mum mouthed the words thank you to Aunt Sharon. A few minutes pasted and Mum Doctor came in and said he just need to check mums vital signs, so we left the room and sat outside in the corridor until he had finished. You would expect us be finding anything funny about visiting mum, but well Mums doctor gave us the best laugh we had had, because all we could here coming from mums room was the doctor asking mum to wiggle her toes in his welsh accent, we giggled every time we heard him say "wiggle your toes Angela, Angela wiggle your toes, thaz lovely".

When the Doctor came out he took My aunt Sharon and myself in to his office, he told us that she was still very poorly but he thought that she was doing very well considering all her injuries, and that if she kept improving he could see her getting better and being able to come home. The whole time he was telling us all this i couldn't help thinking to myself "how could he possible think that she was going to get better, she was so ill". I was only 13 but something inside told me that my Mum would get better, but i also knew only time would tell if i was right or not.

After a couple of weeks i was able to get my cast taken off my wrist, which felt great, and Aunt Sharon had given permission for me to go on the school trip, i can't remember where is was to but i remember being excited about being able to go, and i remember that i had had a really good time. When we arrived back at school and got off the bus both Sharon and Paul were there waiting for me. As soon as i saw Sharon she smiled at me but there something about the look in her i eyes i knew there was something wrong, and i knew it was something about my Mum. Aunt Sharon said hello and asked me if i had had a good time, and she told me they had come to pick me up because there was something they needed to tell me when we got home. So i said good bye to my friends and went with Aunt Sharon and Uncle Paul, in the car i told Sharon and Paul all about the trip, but in the back of my mind all i could think of was mum.

When we got home Aunt Sharon sat me down on the sofa and told me that mum's condition had gotten worse and that Doctors had said it would be best if we went back down to Wales to see her because she may not live for very much longer...i knew it was time to say good bye. Sharon told me i didn't have to go back down with them if i didn't feel that i could handle seeing my mum like she was again, i told her that i couldn't because it hurt too much the last time, so she told me she would ask our neighbor if i could stay there for the night as she knew i had made friends with her daughter and they would be back the next day. That evening Aunt Sharon and Uncle Paul got ready to leave, and i asked Sharon to give my mum a kiss from me and to tell her that i love her lots and lots. i went round to the neighbors and tried to have some fun, i hid how i was really feeling because i didn't want my friend to worry about me. After a couple of hours we were sat in front of the tv eating our dinner and something strange happened.......i heard my Mum's voice....i heard her say "i love you Kylie forever". that's when i knew she was gone.....she had said good bye to me.....my Mum had died....
Back to top Go down
daydreamer1
Assistant Mod
Assistant Mod
daydreamer1

Popularity : 33

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye   Time to say goodbye EmptyMon May 27, 2019 7:10 pm

im so sorry , thats so heart breaking and sad , all the hugs to you xoxox
Back to top Go down
Sessy
Admin
Admin
Sessy

Popularity : 15

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye   Time to say goodbye EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 7:13 pm

sad but wonderful story, ty for sharing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye   Time to say goodbye EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 11:05 am

The city of Helsinki

When you go to Helsinki by ferry you can see some rocks and islands with or without houses. From the 10th floor at the top of the ferry, these houses look like a doll's house. Looking toward Helsinki, there are many churches, their spires stand up with their arrows pointing toward the sky. The colors of this town are green, grey, brown and black and the city seems a little sad...

When you arrive in the port, all the ferries belong to different companies.

The architecture of Helsinki was built from 1920 to 1930, it was the New Art. For example, the railway station is a popular place but a little strict and sad because at this time the architecture was under the influence of Russia.

There are tramways, trolleybus, buses and a subway with only one line.

The streets are large and straight. You don't find as many factories as before in the town but in the past, there were many more. Nowadays, you find modern buildings, habitations, and shops instead. The Arabia district was one of them where they now built an art and design university near the sea. Not far from the university, you find a restaurant, a design museum and some shops where they sell design objects.

In another design district of Helsinki, you can discover different architectures.

In the streets, you can buy old books, clothes, shoes, games, and trinkets in many second-hand shops.

You can walk in many green parks where grow high trees, plants, and you breath a fresh and clean air. The big one is Central Park that is situated near downtown. They make the city less polluted.

Many museums are interesting. For example, the Historical Museum about the city of Helsinki. It is free and it is showing old school objects. In a room, children can eat cakes or wear disguises. In another room, they can play with a small house and a boat.

In contrast, the Design Art Museum isn't very interesting.

Also if you like plants and trees, you can visite two botanical gardens with high trees with red leaves in Autumn and different plants, you've never seen before. In one of them, you can visit a Japanese garden. Also, you can go to the Winter garden in a large greenhouse with tropical plants.

The sea fortress island Suomenlinna is a famous and popular place, it is very terrific and interesting. You have to take a small ship to go there from the port of Helsinki. This island was in 1748 a part of Finland and its construction as a sea fortress started. In 1788 the fortress had served as a naval base during the Russo-Swedish war. In 1918 the civil war was finished. At the beginning of the Second World War, the fortress serves as a coastal artillery anti-aircraft and submarine base. In 1973, the ministry of education assumes responsibility for the fortress. Today Suomenlinna is added to UNESCO's list of world heritage sites as a unique monument to military architecture. So you must visit Suomenlinna….

My hotel was small but it is best if you want to talk to everybody when you are cooking or are sitting on a sofa in the salon. The little problem with this hotel is: There are two toilets and showers for thirty persons. The receptionists are nice, friendly, helpful and very smiling. It is about 2 or 3 kilometers from downtown. You have to walk or you can take the tramway but it costs 3,20 euros, it is expensive of course and Helsinki's life is expensive. Food, clothes, and fuel are expensive.

You can buy handmade dishtowels or wool gloves, wool hats, handmade wool scarves which are sold in the streets or in shops. People seem kind, children are wearing bright colors and they are very smiling and laughing. The food is very good mainly the salmon and self-service food. What can I tell you more? Nothing... because you will travel to Helsinki yourself.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to say goodbye   Time to say goodbye Empty

Back to top Go down

Time to say goodbye
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Wayside :: Writers Corner :: Non-fiction-
Jump to: